Now in its 29th year, NAVS’ Art for Animals contest has provided an opportunity for artists of all skills and ages to create images that inspire others to extend compassion, respect and justice to all animals. For our 2018 competition, we’re once again looking for fresh perspectives to illustrate NAVS’ mission of ending the exploitation of animals used in science, as well as messages of hope and compassion throughout the year. Your artwork could appear in print and online messages from NAVS for Labor Day, the Fourth of July, World Week for Animals in Laboratories, or on greeting cards and in social media throughout the holiday season.
Submissions may be digitally-created artwork, as well as digital images of original paintings, illustrations or photographs. Artwork files may only be submitted via email, CD/DVD-ROM or portable flash drive. No physical artwork will be accepted.
Cash prizes will be given to First, Second and Third Place winners, one Youth (age 12 and under) winner, and one Best in Show winner. GUIDELINES:
- Submissions must be original work.
- Save your submissions using the following format:
file_type [Example: Animals in Winter_John_Doe.jpg]
- Please refrain from using religious symbols or portraying animals in clothing.
- Submitting artwork for consideration grants NAVS permission to feature the artwork online and/or in print publications in perpetuity. The artist will always be given full credit.
- Submit no more than three works of art per person.
- NAVS reserves the right to not award all prizes if contest submissions are not suitable.
- Entries must be received by July 27, 2018.
- Include the following information in the body of your email or attached to your CD-DVD/ROM or flash drive:
HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT ART FOR ANIMALS 2018 (X3):
- Email files to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Art for Animals 2018” in the subject line.
- Mail CD/DVD-ROMS or flash drives to:
Attn: Art for Animals 2018
53 W. Jackson Blvd., Ste. 1552
Chicago, IL 60604